Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant forward when receptionst unavailable

alexthegr8
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I am a network guy that recently got the reins to a medium sized CM environment. There are many things I am trying to absorb.

The issue currently evading me is forwarding our receptionist line to the answering service when the receptionist is not logged into the hunt group.

When it was working, when someone dialed 0 from any IP phone in the company, it goes to the receptionist. When they call before she arrives for the day, the call goes to the answering service. I recently made the upgrade from CM 10.5-10000 to 10.5-179000-13, and we now get a busy signal if she isnt logged in.

I cant tell whether I need to configure this feature on the Auto Attendant or within the CM itself.

If someone would point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which answering service you are using and how it is connected to your CM Environment?

If you want to forward hunt group calls to Auto Attendant, then you need to configure Hunt Pilot forward settings and point them to voicemail pilot number. This configuration needs to be done in CUCM.

In Unity Connection, you need create Auto Attendant (i.e. Call Handler) with extension as Hunt Group Pilot Number.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.