cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can speed dials pause for additional digits?

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

Our Nortel phone system would allow speed dials like the following

Basically it would allow a speed dial for the first 5 digits and would allow the user to enter the additional 7 digits

Is there such a thinking available in Call Manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

What I guess the user is askin is a speed dial with a number that pauses the dialing before sending the call to the VG the same way as an old PSTN access code (usually was 0 in EU or 9 in US).

You can achieve this by congifure a route pattern with let's say 91360.! as pattern.

Select discard digits, "pre dot" and select "offnet" as call classification

configure 91360 as speed dial destination .

After that press the speed dial button and you should hear a silence. Keep in mind that users have a limited  time to add extra digits defined in T302 timer Service Parameter which is 18 seconds by default.

Try it and let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

This is something that you could do with old SCCP phones that allow  to dial  a pstn access code. To achieve this with SIP endpoint I can suggest you to setup a call handler on Unity connection with a blank greeting and waits for 7 digits.

Be carefull to avoid to let that call handler to be rachable from outside to avoid toll fraud.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

b.winter
VIP
VIP

IIRC, this method only works for speed dials: put the number to be called, then add a comma "," and then the digits you wanna send via DTMF:
"<number to call>,<digits to dtmf dial>" => e.g "4000,1234"

Also check the following link:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/pause-in-speed-dial-cucm-9-x/ta-p/3150844

So the short answer is "Yes". Use a comma (or two) between numbers to insert pauses. The link that @Kaloyan Botev is the current information.

Maren

Let me double-check check I asked the question correctly.

The user wants 91360 as a speed dial and wants to enter the 7-digit phone number manually
For example they want do dial 913605551234.
(speed dial) 91360 (manually enter the 7 digits) 5551234

Will commas in the speed dial allow users to manually enter digits?

If the user should enter the digits manually, then you don't need a speed dial for that. Your question is not related to what you want then.

Just create a speed dial for 91360.
And when the call is connected, the user can send the digits during the call typing on the dial-pad.

Commas in the speed dial are there, to send the additional digits automatically.

Hi,

What I guess the user is askin is a speed dial with a number that pauses the dialing before sending the call to the VG the same way as an old PSTN access code (usually was 0 in EU or 9 in US).

You can achieve this by congifure a route pattern with let's say 91360.! as pattern.

Select discard digits, "pre dot" and select "offnet" as call classification

configure 91360 as speed dial destination .

After that press the speed dial button and you should hear a silence. Keep in mind that users have a limited  time to add extra digits defined in T302 timer Service Parameter which is 18 seconds by default.

Try it and let us know

Regards

Carlo