Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Login to CUCM Using Administrator Account

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I just found out that this morning I cannot login to the CUCM PUB and SUB using administrator account via web GUI. It was accessible yesterday using the same credentials. The error said "Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password". But using the same credentials, I can access the following:
CUCM PUB and SUB SSH
IMP PUB and SUB web GUI and SSH

My CUCM and IMP is running on 11.5. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

7 Replies 7

CLI and GUI is two different credentials. Some people keep them both same. If you are able to login to CLI, it doesn't mean that GUI can be accessible with same password. 

I feel like something wrong with the DB because you can access the IMP pub and sub with the same credentials. 

CUCM pub, sub and IMP pub sub GUI use credentials. Can you share "utils dbreplication runtimestate" before issuing this command run utils dbreplication status and wait some time. 

GUI password can be reset from Publisher CLI using the the command "utils reset_application_administrator_ui_password " but I dont recommend doing this now because you can access the GUI of IMP.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I see, thank you for the insight. Magically now I can login to the system using the administrator account again.

I have checked the dbreplication, result is (2) Setup Completed. But I checked after the issue resolved. I will check it again if the issue happens again. Thank you.

The acconts used to login to the CLI and webUI are not actually the same. It is often set to the same username and password, but in fact they are two different accounts. So that you can login via SSH has no relevance. Itā€™s very unlikely that the password would change by an act of magic, very likely someone has changed it on the application user in the CM webUI.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I can login using the same credentials again. It was like a temporary inaccessible using the administrator account, not sure why.

Could it have been locked by a number of unsuccessful login attempts and then unlocked by the timer?

image.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Maybe, but I think it was less likely, since:
1. Normally, we use SAML SSO to login into the server. I was using administrator account because my account was used for testing, hence need to use administrator instead.
2. I can login into IMP using administrator account.

But is there any chance to check login failed log on CUCM?

There are audit logs that you can check.

Response Signature