Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO call manager upgrade via SFTP fails

I am trying to install/run pre upgrade check COP files using SFTP. It connects fine and lists the file, but the filenames are repeated twice and thus resulting in md5  hash value error:

Filenames are listed as below:

ciscocm.preUpgradeCheck-00032.cop.sha512ciscocm.preUpgradeCheck-00032.cop.sha512

see the same filename is twice as long. I tried to sftp to the sftp server using windows command line as well but the filenames appear shorter(normal). I even tried different sftp server instead of solarwinds but the results are same. Using SFTP via CUCM commandline has same issue. Anyone has faced this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I ended up installing openssh for windows using powershell which worked the best. I tried TitanFTP, solarwinds, which didn't work. Thanks all for help!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Have you tried using standard FTP to see if the file can transfer to your server? Even if you don't continue with the installation/upgrade? That will tell you if the problem is with the file or with the SFTP server.

Maren

I ended up installing openssh for windows using powershell which worked the best. I tried TitanFTP, solarwinds, which didn't work. Thanks all for help!

Hello @northcarehelpdesk , Thank you for the sulution suggested.

Could you please elaborate this in more details (like what steps need to be performed) as we are also struggling with same issue.

Thanks in advance !!

Hi there,

how did you install openssh for windows, kindly give me more details.

hvDinoBot
Level 1
Level 1

I had this happen to me. After trying Solarwinds SFTP. I ended up using freeftpd (SFTP Server) software on a computer that was not domain-joined. 

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Launch Finder > Invoke Go menu > Select Go to Folder… Search the Adobe Dreamweaver 2021 Prefs file and open it in any text editor. Find use sftp legacy algorithms from config file and set it to TRUE. Save and close the file.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

This issue might be related to the SFTP server or client you are using. To troubleshoot the problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the SFTP client software. Check for any available updates and apply them if necessary.

2. Verify the configuration settings of your zombie catchers apk SFTP server. Make sure that it is correctly configured to handle file transfers without modifying the filenames.

3. If you are using SolarWinds SFTP server, check its configuration options and documentation for any settings that might affect filename handling or hashing. Ensure that you have configured it appropriately.

4. Test using a different SFTP client software to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is specific to the client you are currently using.

5. Contact the support team for the SFTP server software you are using. They might be able to provide guidance or offer a solution to resolve the issue.

6. Consider using alternative methods for transferring the files, such as SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) or FTP (File Transfer Protocol), to see if the problem persists across different protocols.

Another option for OpenSSH (Windows Server 2019 or Windows 10) is to install and use Cisco PCD as SFTP server for Cisco UC applications.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: