Helpful
Replies

Cisco IM&P Subscriber do not start services

robertoruiz64
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I am implementing a cluster with 2 Cisco IM & P 11.5.1

- The Publisher is working correctly and I already have users with jabber running.

- When I try to add a Subscriber I have problems and I notice that the services remain in STARTING state

- It's the first time that I'm implementing an IM & P clustertime that I'm implementing an IM & P cluster

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I notice CUCM is showing the server state as Failed for the Pub and that the Sync Agent service is not running on the Pub. Can you restart to see if these problems are cleared? Any change in the AXL username/password?

Brandon

I already performed the services and reset the Sync Agent service, but the problems persist Actually I already have Jabber running, the problem is with the CUP Subscriber

OK. Seems like problems with Pub are causing your problems with Sub. I would focus on fixing the sync agent/CUCM communications problem with the Pub first.

Hi,

check the discussion for AXL related issue

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cisco-sync-agent-is-not-running-im-and-presence-10-x-new/td-p/2534653

CUC/CUCM 11.5(1) does not support passwords longer than 15 characters
CSCvb00248

Description
Symptom:
CUC/CUCM 11.5(1), 11.5(1)SU1, and all ES's from 11.5(1.11001-1) through 011.005(1.12013-1) inclusive, the subscriber installations fail when the Admin password is longer than 15 characters.

Conditions:
Upgrading CUC or CUCM to 11.5(1) or 11.5.1SU1, or any ES's from 11.5(1.11001-1) through 011.005(1.12013-1) inclusive, with Admin password longer than 15 characters.

Workaround:
Use passwords 15 characters or shorter.

regds,

aman