Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco sync agent not starting on IM and peresence

akramroot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

I have a Cisco IM and presence  v14.0.1 , but i can't start service cisco sync agent , do you have any idea to solve this problem ? 

Could you help me please 

Best regards 

11 Replies 11

Hi there,

Did you get a chance to check the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Presence guide? If not, could you please run through it and let us know if you still have the problem? For the benefit of everyone, I am pasting it here;

1. Verify that both CUCM and IM & Presence nodes are in the same version. If servers are in version 11.X or later, the servers require to run on the same SU version.
  2. Verify that the  Cisco AXL Web Service  on CUCM is in RUNNING state.
  3. Verify that the IM&P node is listed in the Server List on CUCM.
  4. Verify within the troubleshooter tests on the CUCM Publisher page on IM&P have passed.
  5. Attempt to reboot the CUCM publisher and then the IM&P Publisher. (Keep in mind that HA requires to be disabled before reboot.)
  6. Run the next CLI query on the IM&P publisher: run sql select * from epassyncagentcfg .
  7. Run the next query on the CUCM:

run sql select applicationuser.pkid, applicationuser.name , credential.credentials from applicationuser inner join credential on applicationuser.pkid=credential.fkapplicationuser where credential.tkcredential=3 and applicationuser.name='axluser_displayed_from_epassyncagentcfg'

Validate the next information:

1. username  (On CUCM)  = axluser  (On IM&P)
    2. pkid  (On CUCM)  = cucm_axluser_pkid  (On IM&P)
    3. credentials  (On CUCM)  = axlpassword  (On IM&P)
  1. If the  axluser  in  epassyncagentcfg  cannot be found in the CUCM user list, then create a new application user on the CUCM side same as the old axluser with the previous password, if known.

Reference: Troubleshoot Services that Do Not Start on IM&P - Cisco

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

I encountered a similar issue with a customer where TAC worked 24 hours continuously with multiple shift engineers. The issue was due to a certificate that the customer provided and the root cert was using the RSASSA-PSA algorithm which is still not supported.

Run the System Configuration Troubleshooter and see if its failing. The Link shalid hsare is a good guide which you can use for troubleshooting.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1708263814665.png

You can use the SQL command mentioned in the guide to check if both CUCM and IMP have the same credentials for AXL. If they are different, you need to make them the same

NithinEluvathingal_2-1708264665732.png

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal , @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil  thank you for your reply , 

When i put this command  on CUCM:

• run sql select applicationuser.pkid, applicationuser.name , credential.credentials from applicationuser inner join credential on applicationuser.pkid=credential.fkapplicationuser where credential.tkcredential=3 and applicationuser.name='axluser_displayed_from_epassyncagentcfg'

and the command on IM and pesence :

• run sql select * from epassyncagentcfgom 

The credentials for AXL are not the same .

Where can i changed it ? 

the System Configuration Troubleshooter:

akramroot_1-1708269300094.png

Best regards 

If you discover that the password is different, on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) application, change the password to the old one. However, if you find that the username is different, create the old users with the same old password in the CUCM application user.

If I remember correctly, the TAC engineer executed an SQL command to synchronize it, but unfortunately, I didn’t take any notes, and I am unable to locate that information in the case notes.

Response Signature

Thank you @Nithin Eluvathingal  for your 

reply , the username is the same , but the password is not the same , i don't remember the old  password , how can i found it

Thank you in advance 

Best regards 

AXL user, you can update from the call manager and update it on both presence servers. 

Check the application user list on the call manager and search for your AXL user, if you find the user, change it with a new password and update it on the presence server.

Regards

AFAIK this applies for old IMP which was not a part of the CUCM cluster. But for IMP which are part of the cluster, AXL user is not used and it’s the application user.

Response Signature

Change the application user password on the CUCM and use the “utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password” command to reset the application password on the IMP node. Then, rerun the SQL command and check if the issue persists.

You should contact Cisco for support. They solved this password issue for me by using an SQL command, as far as I recall. You should also investigate why the password is different on both nodes. It seems that the communication is disrupted, which caused the IMP and CUCM to have separate passwords.

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal  thank you for your help , 

Now they have the same password , i put the command again and i have the result 

• username  (On CUCM)  = axluser  (On IM&P)
  • pkid  (On CUCM)  = cucm_axluser_pkid  (On IM&P)
  • credentials  (On CUCM)  = axlpassword  (On IM&P)

but the problem still persist

Best regards 

Initiate contact with Cisco TAC for assistance, as it’s necessary to examine the logs to identify the issues disrupting communication and impacting the service. I trust you’ve already attempted other troubleshooting measures such as restarting the nodes, etc.

Response Signature

Hello, the service is up now , after regenerate cert tomcat end ipsec on all node .

Best regards