cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Connection Manager IM and Presence installation fails

Oronzo Lezzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, we are trying to install laboratory uses the Cisco Unified Connection Manager IM and Presence version10.The installation fails after a warning where there is a popup that asks if it is the first node of the configuration.From the installation manual is not clear if this product should be installed in a cluster architecture (publisher-subscriber).What should be the steps to follow?
Something has to be done on the server where we have  installed the
Cisco Unified Connection Manager?

In attachement the screenshot with popup.

Thanks in advance

Oronzo Lezzi

19 Replies 19

Can u provide me with guidelines?  Call flows between two ends that are on the same vlans with the cucm and imp. One way Audio/video between two ends that are on different vlans?

Cisco ip communicator is on a different vlan with the jabber and issue?

Can I use cucm RTP monitoring tool to trouble shoot?

Ok. After the installation has undergone connectivity vladiation, it will display error 'unable to contact cucm publisher' if I click OK, it takes me back to the settings for me to input the parameters of the first node (cucm publisher)

I think I have one problem after I did research last nite. It seems the iso file that am using is for basic installation. It looks like subscriber. The first im and presence to be installed should  be publisher. Other imp nodes become subscribers. I compared it with the parameters  in the  answer file. The installation didn't ask for ntp and application user settings. I will upload another iso file and try

hi,

i am having the same challendge.my eroor is that it cannot connect to cucm.my cucm ip as well as the password are correct.what could be the problem

Koushal Pandit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for solution.its working.

Hi!

Hello everyone, we are trying to install laboratory uses the Cisco Unified Connection Manager IM and Presence version10.The installation fails after a warning where there is a popup that asks if it is the first node of the configuration .

What should be the steps to follow? vSwitch and ESXi config

1) cisco call manager installed as a publisher.

2) cisco unified connection manager IM & presence add as a subscriber or publisher.