cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Voicemail to Email

dalbright1
Level 1
Level 1

Starting today our email stopped being sent to voicemail. I'm by no means an expert in the Unity world so I've done my fair share of research but can't seem to find an answer.

This has worked without issue for years and we haven't made any changes to the Unity system so I'm trying to find out where I can look to see if some change elsewhere is having ripple effect.

I've verified the SMTP server is still correct, no complaints about other services using SMTP.

I looked at my user in the CUCA and it still shows Accept and Relay for voicemail to my email.

Not knowing how much more there is to it or how complex setting this feature up limits my ability to troubleshoot this new issue.

We use O365 and are running Unity Connection version 8.6.2ES120.24901-120.

I am going to keep poking around but I figured I'd throw out some life lines while I do it.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

dalbright1
Level 1
Level 1
I did try to set the email address to my own personal Yahoo address and still did not receive the voicemail, but I do receive it on my phone itself.

I went into User-> Users and found my Unity user. Then I went to Edit->Unified Messaging Accounts and clicked on Office365 and from there I clicked Test. I received a 401 error with "Some possible reasons for 401: Incorrect service account name or password. Service account password expired. Proper permissions not granted to service account. Exchange mailbox uninitialized."
The only thing I could connect with a bad or expired password is our domain admin password was changed a couple weeks ago (due to the person who set this up leaving the company) and maybe the updated password was missed somewhere. I did change it on the LDAP Directory Configuration page when we changed it, but maybe there is somewhere else it needs changed.

RyanSNA
Level 1
Level 1

Could you let me know if you got this figured out? I'm getting the same error. None of my users can get voicemail to email all of a sudden.

@RyanSNA Very likely your issue could be caused by that Microsoft has deprecated Basic authentication, so you'll need to use OAuth2. If you search the community you'll find many posts on this topic.

Response Signature

Thanks, Roger!

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you do not install ViewMail for Outlook or use another email client to access Unity Connection voicemails in Exchange/ Office 365:

The email client treats voicemails as emails with .wav file attachments.

When a user replies to or forwards a voicemail, the reply or forward also is treated as an email even if the user attaches a .wav file. Message routing is handled by Exchange/ Office 365, not by Unity Connection, so the message is never sent to the Unity Connection mailbox for the recipient.

Users cannot listen to secure voicemails.

It may be possible to forward private voicemails. (ViewMail for Outlook prevents private messages from being forwarded).

Accessing Secure Voicemails in the Exchange/ Office 365 Mailbox
To play secure voicemails in the Exchange/ Office 365 mailbox, users must use Microsoft Outlook and Cisco ViewMail for Microsoft Outlook. If ViewMail for Outlook is not installed, users accessing secure voicemails see only text in the body of a decoy message which briefly explains the secure messages.

Transcription of Voicemails Synchronized Between Unity Connection and Exchange/ Office 365 Mailbox
A system administrator can enable the single inbox transcription functionality by configuring the unified messaging services and the SpeechView transcription services on Unity Connection.

For information on configuring unified messaging services in Unity Connection, see the Creating a Unified Messaging Service to Access Mail Server section.

For information on configuring SpeechView transcription service, see the “SpeechView” chapter of the System Administration 

“Synchronization of multiple forward messages” service is not supported with Unity Connection, if configured with single inbox:

In single inbox, the transcription of voicemails is synchronized with Exchange in the following ways:

When sender sends voicemail to a user through Web Inbox or touchtone conversation user interface and the user views voicemail through various email clients, then the transcription of voicemails are synchronized as shown in the Table 1.

When Sender Sends Voice Mail through Web Inbox or Touchtone Conversation User Interface

Regards,

Rachel Gomez