cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration Flex 3.0 Expressway Options

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

I need some guidance on how to order Cisco Expressway standalone. As I understand the only way to order Expressway is now via the A-FLEX subscription, is that right? So much Cisco documentation still refers to the old PAK licenses, but none of the SKU's work anymore.

I am specifically want to order an Expressway-E with Advanced Networking Option to get the Dual NIC. Different articles I read give contradictory information as to how this will work.

Am I correct in thinking that if I were to order A-FLEX with A-FLEX-EXPWY-RMS-S licenses this will entitle me to Expressway-E with all of the Options?

If not, please can someone point me in the right direction

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

If you are using expressway for only MRA you don’t need any kind of licenses.

What exactly is your requirement 

Response Signature

There are no licenses for MRA on Expressway anymore, including advanced networking.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RMS is the same old Rich Media Session license; no changes there. If you actually expect to register endpoints directly - which should be exceedingly rare these days - you will need to order the relevant quantities of Desk & Room endpoint registration licenses (screenshot from CCW below). All other licensing, e.g. Advanced Networking, was killed off with Expressway moving to Smart Licensing in x14.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 19.09.49.png

And as others have already stated: none of this applies if your use case is MRA and/or B2B calls solely to/from *Webex.com (that domain is exempt from RMS licenses). In that scenario you just spin up Expressway and register to CSSM.

It’s not really Smart Licensing that changed this. It is a thing even with traditional licensing. We were kind of slow in moving our Expressways to SL for various reasons and it operated without any problems with no traditional licenses on the boxes.

Response Signature