cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

created isolated layer 2 for cucm test but still getting same ip warning?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a ucs C200 , i created a isolated layer 2 vlan with no vlan interface at the core so that it would be isolated because im going to use same ip address for the live cucm , i tested it in a win7 vm where i tried pinging the live cucm and it didnt reach it , yet when i started the test cucm installation it gave me the warning of a duplicate ip??? the ucs is connected the the switch through a trunk port and i also made a "trunk allowed vlan X" for the isolated vlan?

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I did something like that once, it worked fine.

In the NIC configurations of your machines, the live CUCM is on VLAN A, and the test CUCM is on VLAN B? The Win 7 server is also on VLAN B on the same UCS, or are you trying to ping the live CUCM from outside the UCS?

yes the test cucm and win7 is on vlan B which is layer 2 isolated as in no "interface vlanB" has been created on the core switch for intervlan routing , also the win7 on vlanB cant ping the live cucm on vlanA or the core switch , yet the test cucm on vlanB keep giving me duplicate ip??? it doesnt make sense???

BTW the win7 on vlanB have another NIC on vlanA to give internet access , is it possible the packets are going through win7 vlanB NIC into vlanA NIC?