cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 - How do I display the license MAC?

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently upgraded to 10.5 and I was looking for the license MAC. I do not see it when I issue the show status command in the CLI. Where else can I find it?

Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since 9.x there is no LICENSE MAC for any product that is handled by ELM/PLM, licenses are now tied to ELM/PLM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Josh,

You can also try find out the same in Cisco Unified OS Administration GUI (under Show).

Thanks

Vivek

Since 9.x there is no LICENSE MAC for any product that is handled by ELM/PLM, licenses are now tied to ELM/PLM

HTH

java

Jaime, what If the CUCM cluster has no internet connectivity? The only one option is to "Generate License Request" from PLM, but when you try to get new licenses from cisco.com/go/licenses there is a step to assign the license to a target devices and it requires a MAC address? What is the option here?

you can send contents of 'generate lic request' and PAK ID to licensing@cisco.com

they will share the lic file.

Suresh

Hi Velin,

If u have placed the order for more phones to be added under CUCM 9/10,u would have got the PAKs.

You need to follow the below procedure:

a. from ELM/PLM, select License Management ---> Licenses ---> click generate License request.Copy and past this file in notepad and save it.

b.visit the site cisco.com/go/license with your CCOId

c. you need to select option of Fulfil PAKs or LOAD more PAK[if u have multiple PAKs]

d. once you do that , at bottom u would get option of "Paste Contents of teh License Request provided by nterprise License Manager below"

e.click on NEXT Tab.Here u enter the Email-ID udner "SEND TO " Option.

f. u would the license file on your email ID.

regds,

aman

I know the procedure, but there is an additional step "Assign to Devices" which requires License MAC. Never mind, I will write an e-mail to the licensing team.

Hi Velin,

Can u share the snapshot where u are getting stuck?

the procedure is simple

a. Specify PAK:  which u have got.

b.Assign SKU to device where u would get quantity available[automatically] and quantity to Assign.You enter the number.Suppose if you have one PAK for one user, here , u would enter 1

c. Review: where it shows what all u have entered is corrent or not

regds,

aman

Attached :).

Hi Velin,

May be I am asking silly question.

Are u using the PAK which u have been provided for CUCM 10 user?

I have the PAK for DLU ordered long time back for CUCM 7 and I also get the same option which u are getting .

regds,

aman

Here is the key of the tent. Yeah, its seems that the PAK is for 8x., but I'm using CUCM 10.5. So I need to write to the team to migrate the license.

This is the catch.

this would be the case of UNUSED DLUs which should be done prior to upgradation.

regds,

aman

Yeah, I know, but when they made the migration (+ license migration) they forgot this PAK. Now I wanna add them as "addon", but we still have to "migrate" them from 8.x to 10.x. It should be possible, right?

Happy Migration.

Confusion is cleared.

generate License for all unused DLUs using MAC address if on MCS or select the option on License page if u are using VMWare [run show status to get License MAC from OS Administration page of Pub]

regds,

aman

The only way to get a license for 8.x or 9.x into a 10.x CUCM, is via licensing, as Aman mentioned, the only way to get those fulfilled and installed by yourself, was prior to the upgrade.

HTH

java