cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.X VERSION , NEW FEATURES

Hi Folks

I hear that  in this version is enable the beep tone for the call waiting

What i mean

I have an active call in my extesnion,and then someone else in my company dial my extension

Then i want to enable the beep tone for the caller in ordr the caller to hear a beep tone which it will means that i am already in a call

Its like BLF but without any lamb is only an audio alert fro the caller

Is that possible with this version or are rumors??

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
7 Replies 7

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Please check it out in the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_0_1/delta/CUCM_BK_N38FD301_00_cucm-new-and-changed-90.html

Hope this helps,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi

Thank you for the link

Do you know the name of this feature?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi chrysostomos,

I haven't heard of this feature for basic calls. However, you can do something like this for hunt group members:

Native Call Queueing on CUCM

Unified CM provides call queuing natively to users so that callers can be held in a queue until hunt members are available to answer them. Callers in a queue receive an initial greeting announcement followed by music on hold or tone on hold. If the caller remains in queue for a period of time, a secondary announcement is played at a configured interval until the call can be answered—or until the maximum wait timer expires.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi Harmit

I know this feature

The situation is that all the companies in cyprus and greece  they want this feature very much

We have this feature in the mobile network and they want it also internally for cucm extensions

They want to dial one extension internally and if that extension is already in a call they want to hear a beep indicator tone which will mean that the extension is already on a call.

Other PBX have this feature as a basic feature

I dont understand  why cisco didnt enable that in cucm

Hi chrysostomos,

I completely understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, AFAIK, that feature has not been ported to UCM 9.0. I did find the following enhancement defect which talks about the same:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCdv71088

Description:

When a ip phone receives a call from the PSTN through the fxo card and connects, if 
the telco sends a Call Waiting beep (inband) the Call Manager does not give the
ip phone user the ability to answer the call.

ip phone-------------2620 (fxo card)--------PSTN

Release Note:

Symptom:  Ip phone cannot answer call waiting beep sent by the telco

Problem: Call Manager does not have the means to send the H245 message to the 
gateway to answer the Call Waiting call

Workaround: Create a hunt group of FXO so the call always comes in on a new trunk
and now use Call Waiting on the PSTN (use Call Manager call waiting).

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

There is no such feature, if the DN's maximum number of calls allows you to reach the phone, it will ring. Otherwise, you'll follow the CFB behavior.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can use my "selective busy ringback" for this. It can be acquired on the website present in my profile.