Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Transfer Calls Question

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We're troubleshooting a issue with transferring internal calls to an internal extension.  We notice when a user transfer a internal call to another internal extension the calls route over the SIP trunk. I don't think this is normal, we thinking this is a routing issue.  Can someone confirm this or will some calls internal calls route over the SIP if their in another location and not the same building?  Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

I will assume that these extensions can dial each other directly, so the PT of the target number is in the CSS of the source device. If that is true, I would suggest using the Dialed Number Analyzer to determine what CUCM is doing with the call. If that is not helpful, you may need to dig into a trace file to see more information.

Give DNA a try and let us know what you find.

Maren

As @Maren Mahoney mentioned, DNA will help in solving this issue.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Automatic Alternate Routing (AAR) - a feature rarely used since the days of frame relay and bonded T1 WANs (ie very limited bandwidth) - is the only CUCM feature that would intentionally re-route an on-net call off-net via a SIP trunk to the PSTN. Unless you have that configured, look to DNA as others have suggested. Just be mindful that DNA only evaluates en-bloc routing (ie on-hook dialing). It will not show issues caused by digit-by-digit analysis (off-hook dialing).