Views
Helpful
Replies

Demo Lab with CUCM 14

mm22
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Everyone,

While trying to build the demo lab with CUCM 14 latest release. I'm simply unable to do a fresh install for CUCM14. Have downloaded the image, made it bootable as always..not sure what's happening. Any gotcha's that someone would like to share ? i'm doing ditto (as I always did) eveything required. To clarify, this is not the first time. have had many installations in lab environments over esxi...but not sure what's happening here currently i have ESXI 6.7U2 not what's happening getting this error https://ibb.co/vP06kxP

yes, i've tried using existing cucm images such as one for v9 with ova template v13 that works ok....
Appreciate any help i can get on this.
Mandeep
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So you mean you didnt reach the  media test  steps .What software you used to make bootable. Looks like you missed some steps, on ultra iso you have to select Generate Bootinfotable when creating bootable.

Using Ultra iso I  made a bootable from non bootable to install CUCM 14 on my lab and the file name was   Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_14.0.1.10000-20.sha512.iso. and It worked without any issue. 

Note:- its not a recommended to Make bootable from non bootable as it will effect the  checksums. Its only for testing purpose. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

image checksum will fail if you made non bootable iso file bootable. You need to skip this step. 

Response Signature

Nithin,

I guess you’re saying in case a typical installation kicks off I should avoid image check for checksum. Did I get it correctly?

But in this case it’s not reaching there. All it’s doing is showing up this error.

Mandeep

So you mean you didnt reach the  media test  steps .What software you used to make bootable. Looks like you missed some steps, on ultra iso you have to select Generate Bootinfotable when creating bootable.

Using Ultra iso I  made a bootable from non bootable to install CUCM 14 on my lab and the file name was   Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_14.0.1.10000-20.sha512.iso. and It worked without any issue. 

Note:- its not a recommended to Make bootable from non bootable as it will effect the  checksums. Its only for testing purpose. 

Response Signature

Nithin,

i used PowerISO just like in past, considering this has been always my choice when making these non-bootable iso's to bootable iso images.

is there any difference with .BIF file reason i've been using these from any other bootable iso's ?

can't wait to get this thing to work, have been dealing with this stuff for almost 2-3 weekends. upgraded ESXi host couple times before this...hoping that could be causing the issue.

Could you catch me on Telegram @mandyboy123        

Mandeep

I always use ultra iso. I dont think its  due to Esxi upgrades. I installed CUCM 14 recently on my lab using non bootable file which I created using ultra iso . Ping me on PM. 

Response Signature

I Recreated your issue, with Generate Bootinfotable unchecked i got the same error for the bootable file. And with the Checked installation worked.

With  power iso, i think your option to add boot infotable is " Choose the menu "Action > Boot > Add Boot Information" to load a bootable image file."  i dont have power iso to test this. 

Capture.PNGCapture2.png

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mandeep,

Pls check below post may it’s helpful to you.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/unable-to-install-cucm10-5-2-on-vmware-workstation-11-critical/td-p/2802489

https://www.google.com/amp/s/basimaly.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/install-cucm-9-1-boot-error/amp/

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”

Sadav,

i checked the link, it appears to be targeting issues with Vmware Workstation and MD5 checksum or remote drive file. Correct me if i'm wrong.

In my case i've downloaded the ISO more than 4 times, plus the bootable file is placed locally on the ESXI DataStore(s).

Mandeep