cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do we can use CUCM 12X flex license for CUCM 14 version?

We are planning to upgrade the CUCM version. client purchased CUCM 12X flex license. I need to confirm whether we can use the 12X flex license to CUCM 14 version.

11 Replies 11

Flex Licenses are agnostic, which means you can use them with CUCM 1415, and, if CUCM 16 becomes available, you can upgrade seamlessly as long as you have a valid subscription.

I took the following picture from my Smart account, where you can observe that specific versions are Not mentioned for the licenses . If a version is specified, you’ll need to apply for an upgrade license through the MCE portal or reach out to Licensing TAC

NithinEluvathingal_0-1709549160968.png

Response Signature

This is only true if the Flex subscription was ordered or modified recently. Older subs had version-locked licenses generated in CSSM. Check the licenses provisioned in the  Virtual Account. If they are version agnostic there won’t be a version number at the end of their name.

Thank you, @Jonathan Schulenberg. In my experience, I’ve never encountered a flex with the version specified in the SA on which I worked, likely because they were recently ordered.

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal , 
Please find the Part number given below, May I know, are we good to proceed with upgradation with same license (12.5 to 14)?

A-FLEX-P-UCM-12X

I believe the part number might be version-specific, as Jonathan Schulenberg mentioned. To verify this, you should check it on Smart Account. If it’s version-agnostic, you won’t see the version mentioned on the licenses, as shown in my screenshot in the previous post.

Regarding compatibility, 14SU and UCCX 12.5 are indeed compatible. However, I recommend following the CSR compatibility guide and opting for the recommended versions. Additionally, make sure to consult the following resources:

1. Installation and upgrade guides
  2. Release notes
  3. Read-me guides
  4. Compatibility matrices
  5. Compatibility matrix for VMware
  6. Compatibility matrix for CIMC

These resources will provide comprehensive information to guide your decisions.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal 

I can see the license is version specific. advised the client to raise a case with cisco tac for the confirmation.

One more thing, does it display the version for the licenses consumed/used, or is it showing the version for the licenses themselves? Because the usage will always show version 12.

This isn't a standard support case with TAC; you should open a licensing case instead.Request them to confirm if the licenses are compatible with version 14.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1710055727197.png

Response Signature

We don't have any v12 systems anymore, so can't comment on the part where you state "usage will always show version 12", we do however run a mix of v14 and v15 systems and there are no version(s) shown for our usage.

image.png

Response Signature

If you share a screenshot of the license page of your virtual account in smart licensing we can tell you if you have version agnostic licenses or not.

Response Signature

Hello @Roger Kallberg 

I can see the license is version specific. advised to the client, raise a case with cisco tac for the confirmation.

If i am upgrading directly to CUCM 14 SU2 version will impact with UCCX 12.5 SU2 version?