cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does VG400 support IP Routing

daniel.pimentel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I've been looking all over Cisco to see if the VG400 support ip routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.

The documentation only mentions the following:
Cisco VG400 Voice Gateway Software Configuration Guide - Configuring with the Command-Line Interface [Cisco VG Series Gateways] - Cisco

I tried looking in Cisco Feature Navigator, but I can't seem to find the VG400 there. They use IOS XE, so just checking if anyone knows if routing protocols are supported and if there's any documentation where I can find this.

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Hi Flavio. Thanks for the info.

Cisco did confirm that as this is not documented hence not supported.

Cisco did also confirm the routing commands to configure (eigrp, ospf, bgp) do exist in the VG400 and some tests have been done with OSPF. But it is not officially supported.

Thanks for the info.

Does feature navigator still exist? If so, that is a good tool on CCO to check for feature support.

I looked at feature navigator under Archives.
I was able to find the VG400, and the whole feature set just comes as 1 liner saying:

WebEx calling integration for IOS XE based Voice Gateways???? WebEx calling integration for IOS XE based Voice Gateways????

Which is strange as I would hope to see more features.

To add a bit more confusion, I was able to get access to a prod VG400, and it seems to be running EIGRP.

The BGP commands seem to exist in the VG400 as well, but I can't touch it as it a prod device. wanted to ask around if someone else had experience running a routing protocol in the VG400. All documentation points to no support. But wanted to double check.