Views
Helpful
Replies

Error processing drive. (VMware)

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Am installing CUCM 11. This is 1st time am getting error (attached snap). When system initiates installation, after entering credentials and details, system gives error. "Error processing drive. device may need to reinitialize. Reinitialize will cause all data to be lost. This action may be applied to all other disks needing re-initialization."

System gives me 4 options Ignore, Ignore all, re-initialize, re-initialize all to proceed further.

Have anyone faced this error in your work-life? Please suggest.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you deployed Cisco provided OVA or created VM on your own. Also, what is the hardware on which you are trying to install this

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you using for datastore??

NAS? DAS?

I've never seen that error, but that might hint something wrong in your datastore.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Deepak,

Not deployed using ova template. In my opinion, error does not correlate to sizing. Surely will try that too and upload the results. 

Hi Jaime,

To clarify DAS mean Dedicated access storage, is it? In our lab, we have Dell 6TB storage in which "12 x 500GB" Hot swappable HDD are installed. This Dell Storage is connected with VMware ESXi server.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hey Deepak,

Thanks your idea worked...!! Installed using ova template and issue solved. May be I was missing some configuration while manually defining initial configuration.

+5.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Glad that it worked Ritesh and thanks for marking the Correct Answer.

Regards

Deepak

I am having the same issue. If I try to build the machine using the OVA the installation is working smoothly, however if I build the machine manually I get the error that was originally posted in this thread.

I have tried replicating manually the same specifications that the OVA is setting (CPU, HDD, Network, etc...) but I still get the same issue. Is there any customization that the OVA is doing that is making any difference? 

In my scenario, we are building virtual machines automatically using vRO as our orchestration tool and using the touchless installation procedure. This was working with version 10, however we have started facing this issue as soon as we moved to start building machines using version 11. 

Can you please let me know what should I configure in the virtual machine so that we can solve this issue and we can build machines with version 11 automatically?

Hello, man. I wanted to install CUCM 11 today and faced the same problem as you. May you explain me what did you do with ".ova" file so that problem was solved?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

can you please tell the steps to do so(OVA process), i am also facing the same situation

now i have downloaded and uploaded the OVA file from cisco, but it is not being deployed. Please help.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you deployed Cisco provided OVA or created VM on your own. Also, what is the hardware on which you are trying to install this

Regards

Deepak

I have same issue ,  OVA file is created by my self using vmware Tool

CUCM.jpg

@azharuddin wrote:

I have same issue ,  OVA file is created by my self using vmware Tool

You should use the ready-created OVA file from Cisco.   Cisco does not publish all of the settings used in their OVAs so if you create the VM in any other way you can't be sure it is exactly right.

Edit - what's the reference to QEMU?  The virtualisation platform for CUCM should be ESXi.

I use the option  Reinstall all its fix the problem