Views
Helpful
Replies

Flow Call with Mute in CUCM

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anynone

I want to know how to flow calls with mute, is there any documentation regarding that I tried to find it but had no luck.

if know the flow call with mute how does the RTP stop sending with a party or the document regarding explaining the flow please let me know.

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What exactly do you mean with "flow calls with mute"? Personally, I have never heard this term.
Out of your post, I don't really get, what you wanna know.

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @b.winter 

I mean it's like how flows if client to client already established the call, because as I know mute call can't appear in the cucm logs, so I need to know how the mute it's works on the call flow.

why do I ask this cause I have some questions from the recording team about how the RTP stops sending during the mute call in progress.

That depends.
If it's a hardware switch in the endpoint, no other system will recognize it somehow (other than not receiving any audio packets anymore). Because there is no signalling or something. It's like you just stopped talking.

If it's a "software" switch, you could see it in the SDP info, when the SIP session is updated (either via Re-INVITE or UPDATE message) => So you see it in the SIP signalling messages => And this would appear in the CUCM logs. Signalling is always flowing via CUCM, only media (per default) flows directly between the endpoints.

You would see an audio attribute in SDP, e.g. "a=recvonly"
Check out the RFC on page 25 and 26: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4566#section-6

And if an endpoint signals, to not send audio (e.g. with "a=recvonly), then there won't be media packets flowing from this endpoint to the other.
The same applies for the HW switch.

@mbieyasid Could your question be answered? If yes, I would appreciate an "accepted solution".