cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Google Mail Integration (Question from Cisco Unity Express product team)

karmakar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Unity Express is a on-premise voicemail and auto attendant system for small-medium businesses. It is compatible with both CUCM and CUCME.

In version 8.6, we introduced message synchronization with -

- Cisco Unity Connection

- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010.

We are seeking feedback on whether we should look at two-way voicemail synchronization with more e-mail services like the following -

- Google Mail,

- Microsoft Hosted Exchange.

Thanks,

Abhi

10 Replies 10

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you elaborate on your questions please.

Thanks

Hi Md,

I have edited the original to add more detail. Appreciate your thoughts.

Abhi.

Cisco Unity Express is a on-premise voicemail and auto attendant  system for small-medium businesses. It is compatible with both CUCM and  CUCME.

In version 8.6, we introduced message synchronization with -

- Cisco Unity Connection

- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010.

We  are seeking feedback on whether we should look at two-way voicemail  synchronization with more e-mail services like the following -

- Google Mail,

- Microsoft Hosted Exchange.

Thanks,

Abhi

If possible, definitely.

Thanks

cgrassmugg
Level 1
Level 1

It would be a nice feature!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

GrumbleShark
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but did anything ever come of this?  We use google apps / mail, and would love to have some sort of cucm / unity integration

Hi Terry,

The "single inbox" functionality is only available with Unity Connection (which is now supported on SRE-910/UCSE).

CUE allows the forward of voice mails to a GMail account, through the email notification feature. You can also use the GMail SMTP server.

Abhi.

Thanks for the reply.

I currently have Unity Connection 8.5.  I'm currently able to forward a copy of voicemails to a gmail account (effectively duplicating the voicemails), but would love to have single inbox functionality with Gmail.

BTW - what does "SRE-910/UCSE" mean?

Hi Terry,

For single inbox with Gmail;

You would want to look into this 3rd party solution from

Cisco partner - Esnatech

http://www.esna.com/landing/cisco.htm

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

I've had a demo from them, and it looks like a fantastic product, but it's out of our price range.

The SRE-910 is a Intel based blade server that runs the CUE or Unity connection software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: