cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Google Mail Integration (Question from Cisco Unity Express product team)

karmakar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Unity Express is a on-premise voicemail and auto attendant system for small-medium businesses. It is compatible with both CUCM and CUCME.

In version 8.6, we introduced message synchronization with -

- Cisco Unity Connection

- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010.

We are seeking feedback on whether we should look at two-way voicemail synchronization with more e-mail services like the following -

- Google Mail,

- Microsoft Hosted Exchange.

Thanks,

Abhi

10 Replies 10

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you elaborate on your questions please.

Thanks

Hi Md,

I have edited the original to add more detail. Appreciate your thoughts.

Abhi.

Cisco Unity Express is a on-premise voicemail and auto attendant  system for small-medium businesses. It is compatible with both CUCM and  CUCME.

In version 8.6, we introduced message synchronization with -

- Cisco Unity Connection

- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010.

We  are seeking feedback on whether we should look at two-way voicemail  synchronization with more e-mail services like the following -

- Google Mail,

- Microsoft Hosted Exchange.

Thanks,

Abhi

If possible, definitely.

Thanks

cgrassmugg
Level 1
Level 1

It would be a nice feature!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

GrumbleShark
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but did anything ever come of this?  We use google apps / mail, and would love to have some sort of cucm / unity integration

Hi Terry,

The "single inbox" functionality is only available with Unity Connection (which is now supported on SRE-910/UCSE).

CUE allows the forward of voice mails to a GMail account, through the email notification feature. You can also use the GMail SMTP server.

Abhi.

Thanks for the reply.

I currently have Unity Connection 8.5.  I'm currently able to forward a copy of voicemails to a gmail account (effectively duplicating the voicemails), but would love to have single inbox functionality with Gmail.

BTW - what does "SRE-910/UCSE" mean?

Hi Terry,

For single inbox with Gmail;

You would want to look into this 3rd party solution from

Cisco partner - Esnatech

http://www.esna.com/landing/cisco.htm

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

I've had a demo from them, and it looks like a fantastic product, but it's out of our price range.

The SRE-910 is a Intel based blade server that runs the CUE or Unity connection software.