Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotline Functionality Using Cisco CUCM

narshad36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I am working on a scenario, where I have requirement to configure Hotline Phones in a Point to Multipoint Configuration. One Hotline Phone in a central location and three remote hotline phones in three different locations having different extension numbers.

Is it possible to achieve this using PLAR feature in Cisco CUCM? Or only Point to Point Hotline Configuration is possible using PLAR.

Regards,

NA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The notification of members in the call depends on the Hunt group algorithm you select. If you choose ‘boradcast’, it rings all at once. If you opt for ‘circular’, it rings the extensions one after another in sequence. If you select ‘longest idle’, the system identifies who hasn’t answered the call for a while and transfers the call to that extension. However, once an agent picks up the call, it ceases to hunt others, and they won’t be notified. And it can  never be a conference call as @Roger Kallberg mentioned.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

If I’ve grasped your requirements correctly, you’re looking for an option that when a hotline phone is  picked up at the central location, it should simultaneously ring at three extensions in different locations. Is that accurate?

If so, you could set up a hunt group and use the hunt pilot as the hotline number. In this scenario, when someone picks up the phone at the central location, the three extensions at the remote locations will ring based on the hunt algorithm.

Response Signature

Dear Nithin,

Thank you for kind response.

Regards,

NA

Is it Possible that All three remote Hotlines converge to central hotline. The communication needs to be one way only. from remote hotlines to central Hotline.???

Not super clear on what it is that you want to achieve, but if it is like @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote you’ll have the solution in his response. If we’re both misunderstanding what you want to accomplish please elaborate on this in a little more details.

Response Signature

Dear Roger,

What Nithin has proposed is as per our requirement. Just one clarification I need, when the phone at central location goes off hook, it should ring phones simultaneously at remote locations. If the get answered by operators in 3 remote location, will they get in to a conference call??

or only one operator will be able to answer.

Glad to hear that. It won’t be a conference call, it will be a direct 1:1 call.

Response Signature

So that means all three remote extensions ll ring but call can be one to one only.

Any other way to achieve conference call in this scenario?

The notification of members in the call depends on the Hunt group algorithm you select. If you choose ‘boradcast’, it rings all at once. If you opt for ‘circular’, it rings the extensions one after another in sequence. If you select ‘longest idle’, the system identifies who hasn’t answered the call for a while and transfers the call to that extension. However, once an agent picks up the call, it ceases to hunt others, and they won’t be notified. And it can  never be a conference call as @Roger Kallberg mentioned.

Response Signature

Dear Nithin,

Noted the above clarification. Thank you for your support.

Regards,

NA

Is it necessary to set up a Hunt for this? Couldn't the target number of the PLAR translation pattern be a shared line appearance on the three target phones?

If the purpose of the call is to end up having the four devices in a conference bridge, there is one way I can think of and that is to use Barge/cBarge:

• Source Phone has a Speed Dial to a shared line appearance on the three target phones.
  • Pressing the speed dial will cause the three target phones to ring.
  • The first person to pick up would be in a point-to-point call.
  • The other two endpoints would have to press the line appearance and then Barge/cBarge to add themselves to the call. (Note that the Barge softkey changes to cBarge in the same softkey location after the first barge, so the users won't have to look too hard.)

You'd have to deploy the Barge and cBarge softkeys on the target phones And enable the BuiltIn Bridge, etc.

Here is a link to the Barge feature. I think it might meet your needs.

Feature Configuration Guide for CUCM 14: Chapter - Barge 

Let me know if you have questions.

Maren

Dear Maren,

In our scenario, we do not want to use softkeys. Our requirement is when one phone goes off - hook, other three phones should ring and we do not need any manual intervention.

Regards,

NA

Okay. You could set the first phone up as a PLAR to a shared line appearance on the other three. The first to pick up would be in a call and the other two would have to press the line button and then a softkey. That's as close as you are going to get with native CUCM functionality.

No there is no option to get a conference call.

Response Signature