cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I force Jabber to use MRA instead of VPN

Mark VandeVere
Level 1
Level 1

We want to force our Jabber users to always use MRA instead of connecting through the VPN firewalls. Does anyone have a way to make that work? By default they try to connect internally when the VPN is active, and we need to break that behavior to force the CUCM connection to go through the Expressways.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Make sure that the client can resolve the SRV record used for external access, ie the one pointing to the MRA infrastructure, but not able resolve the SRV record used for internal access. These are described in the documentation Jamie linked to. Apart from that you’ll need to make sure that the VPN connection allows split-tunnel so that the traffic to the MRA system is allowed to travel outside of the tunnel.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thanks Jaime!! Appreciate it.

Make sure that the client can resolve the SRV record used for external access, ie the one pointing to the MRA infrastructure, but not able resolve the SRV record used for internal access. These are described in the documentation Jamie linked to. Apart from that you’ll need to make sure that the VPN connection allows split-tunnel so that the traffic to the MRA system is allowed to travel outside of the tunnel.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger!! Appreciate it.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Disable the option that Jabber looks for the CUCM SRV records, while installing Jabber:
EXCLUDED_SERVICES=CUCM

@Mark VandeVere wrote:

We want to force our Jabber users to always use MRA instead of connecting through the VPN firewalls. Does anyone have a way to make that work?

Several others have addressed the how, so I won't. My question is why do you want to do that? The Jabber clients should have full functionality regardless of the connection method.