cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you change a users Voicemail Pin

JBrav0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I recently took over our networking position out of desperation since the last person left the company, so my knowledge isn't that great. With that said I was seeking some help on changing the Voicemail Pin of a user. within a week of coming back the PIN they would use stopped working. 

I would go into our CUCM Administration V11

Bulk Admin-> Users-> Reset Pass/PIN -> Query look up the user under the settings I left everything unchecked 

Locked by Administrator
User Cannot Change
User Must Change at Next Login
Does Not Expire
Reset Hack Count

changed her PIN to something simple, Job description set to run immediately, went to Bulk Admin -> job description, found it and made sure it was complete  and for good measure I selected it and hot Activate Selected. 

Restarted the phone and nothing. 

Next I went to User Management -> end user found the user under user info I changed the pin again saved it, clicked on credential configuration left everything unchecked but the user must change at next log in 

Locked by Administrator
User Cannot Change
User Must Change at Next Login
Does Not Expire
Reset Hack Count

Saved it, no luck. So I had them log into the self care portal and they where prompted to change the pin. They did, but the voicemail still didn't accepted the pin. 

went to the self care portal settings and changed the pin and still nothing. 

What am I missing? I'm doing all this through the publisher. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The PIN in Communication Manager is not the same as the PIN in Unity Connection. To change the PIN in CUC you do it from the webUI of CUC at this link,   https://<FQDN of CUC>/cuadmin, then look up the user to change under Users > Users > Find Users where search for Alias, Extension, First Name, Last Name or Display Name. Once you find the user to change select it and go to Change Password and set the Voicemail PIN.
image.png

If you want and have a version of CM and CUC that supports it you can get the systems to use the same PIN. To do that you would set this setting.
image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The PIN in Communication Manager is not the same as the PIN in Unity Connection. To change the PIN in CUC you do it from the webUI of CUC at this link,   https://<FQDN of CUC>/cuadmin, then look up the user to change under Users > Users > Find Users where search for Alias, Extension, First Name, Last Name or Display Name. Once you find the user to change select it and go to Change Password and set the Voicemail PIN.
image.png

If you want and have a version of CM and CUC that supports it you can get the systems to use the same PIN. To do that you would set this setting.
image.png

Response Signature

Roger, you are helpful as always. Thank you so much I don't know where I would be without your help. this is my 2nd month in and every second counts!

Yes, I didn't realize that I had to go somewhere else. Thank you!