Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable MWI in CUE against Email notifications

abraham1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way to disable MWI on an extension on which message notification is configured to email. My users who have email notification enabled has a problem with this like even when they read messages from email, their MWI would be still on...

They want this to go off when they read they open the email notification or atleast disable MWI for those extensions on which email notification is enabled.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Abraham

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Abraham,

Not too sure if I've read your post correctly but it sounds like you want the phones MWI to turn off after reading the email notification sent, not after listening to the voicemail. Is that correct? If so I believe that's working as designed.

Hi

Its like the customer wants the MWI lights to go off as soon as they listen to the voice message attachment from the email or as soon as the email notification of the voice mail is read. This is not working now.

Even after reading the email notification, the MWI stays on..

Abraham

After CUE sends the notification to say Gmail or Yahoo, how can it know whether the email has been read or not? There is no technical way to provide this feature.

You have 2 other options -

1. Use CUE as an IMAP server. When this is done, the email client is actually reading the voice mail from the CUE directly. If a message is read/deleted, you will see the light go off.

2. Sign up for CUE 8.6 beta - which provides Unified messaging - two way message synchronization with Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010. You can sign up for the beta at www.cisco.com/go/cug after April 4th 2011.

Abhi