cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to keep DNs from being assigned

IslamM
Level 1
Level 1

In call manager I am creating a route pattern to send some numbers over a SIP trunk. Below is the RP I am creating.

209[0-6][0-1]X

This will send 209000-209019, 209100-209119 etc. over this trunk allowing to create just one route pattern rather than creating 140 individual route patterns.

Here is the issue. Because this is a wild card route pattern, someone could still add 209000 for example as a DN. Call manager will let you create that DN since there is not a specific match.

Is there something I can do to make sure a number from above range could not be used as DN?

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Other than adding an explicit pattern (TP, RP, DN, ...), no.

IslamM
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone is interested, I did find a way of doing this. Created the RP as mentioned above. Then I went to Call Routing > Directory Number > Add New

Added 209000 to 209019 in the same partition as the RP, added Description and uncheked the "Active" box. This adds the DN to the table essentially marking as used. Repeated for the rest of the numbers.

If you have the "Active" box checked, system will play fast busy as it finds an explicit match. If you uncheck the box, system will treat the number as if it does not exist and match on the wild card RP.

If someone wants to assign that number to a device, they will see the description and know not to use it.

Works as long as nobody does a route plan report search for unassigned directory numbers and selects to delete them. I wouldn’t recommend doing what you suggest.

Response Signature