cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent SA Issues

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Recently upgraded to 4.0(3) SR1. Some users of the SA application are intermittently getting the below error message come up in IE when trying to access SA. Any ideas what is causing this?

Missing live session flag.

For some reason, /web/global.asa did not fire.

This problem could be related to DNS issues.

Cannot continue.

Thanks,

Paul

7 Replies 7

hchowdh
Level 1
Level 1

Try the following

1. Ping the Cisco Unity server by ip address and see if that works

2. Ping the Cisco Unity server by DNS and see if that works

3. Open a browser and use http://ipaddressoftheunityserver/web/sa and see if you are able to access the SA.

If everything when you use the IP addres then it looks like you might be experiencing DNS issues and may want to talk your IT administrator

Hello -

If your DNS settings check out and you want to try one more thing, have your users that are experiencing the problem delete the saved URL and recreate it new. We had a few users with this same problem that were using the URL that was saved in their Favorites when our system was 3.1(5). After upgrading to 4.0(3), they received the same error. Deleting/recreating the URL corrected the problem for us.

Regards,

Ginger

Thanks Ginger. We did try that. What actually made the difference in the end was setting their browsers to recognize the Unity server as a trusted site.

Paul

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Paul, if your unity box uses an _ (underscore) in its name or any other strange character this will cause the problem too... for some reason when ours was setup we named it IS_UNITY_1 and this has caused me nothing but problems since.

RFC 1035 states that only letters, numbers, and hyphens are valid.

H. M.

Right, I know that .. :) Incidentally what is involved in changing the name of the unity box. Is there a document? We use exchange 2k as the message store - unified messaging -. I would like to eventally change the name if not too much involved in doing so in order to fix that problem.