cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Light MWI for Shared Line

jkosciuk
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to light the MWI indicator on handset for a shared line that appears on that phone but is not the primary number?

Situation: Executive admin would like to have her MWI to light when the executive has a voicemail. Executive is a shared line on the admin’s phone.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If your integration is Cisco CallManager, I can help. The user can do this herself or you as an administrator, can update the phone via CCMUser. Logon to CCMUser and access the admin's phone. On the shared line, set the "Message Waiting Lamp Policy". The options can be "Light and Prompt" causes the lamp to light and a message waiting indicator to appear on the phone's display if there is a message waiting on this line of your phone. Or "Light Only" causes the lamp to light when you have messages waiting on this line. The message waiting indicator on your phone's display does not appear. The Admin's phone is probably set to use System Policy or None. When you make the change, click Update. This should work for you (her).

Sincerely,

Ginger

I don't see any of the prompts you are refering to. What version of CCM are you refering to. We are cuurently on version 3.2.2c

Hi -

I had to think about that one - was not sure which CCM version. We are running 4.1. I do find it referenced here in the 3.2(1) guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3ebd.html#xtocid6

Check out the section titled "Message Waiting Indication", 2nd - 4th paragraphs.

Sincerely,

Ginger