cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving CUPS from Physical to Virtual

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

I am trying to move my CUPS server from a physical server to a virtual server. I am running CUPS 8.5.3 (8.5.3.10000-60). I have followed the same steps as doing the migration for Call Manager. Backed up server to the network, installed fresh copy and restored the backup. It goes through the restore and is successful on everything but the DB. When I look at the log it has the following:

----> BEGIN Standard Error

bad decrypt

12406:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:438:

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Doug

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure the security passphrases are the same between the server where the backup ran and the new VM? The database is encrypted using the security passphrase. This would suggest that it can't decrypt the backup to restore it. If the passphrases match you're probably best off to open a TAC case.

You're prompted during the DRS restore if the passwords are different.

I have the same exact scenario, but checking/resetting the passphrase hasn't fixed the issue. TAC case is open ... I'll post my results when resolved.

Brian

In our case we changed the IP address and DNS (disabled temporarily until we cutover from the MCS). TAC said this will cause the DRS restore to be rejected. We're disconnecting the VM, changing the IP back, re-hosting the licensing, and cutting over with DRS in the next maintenance window.

Well I did not change anything. So I hope it wors for you. I am getting ready to open a TAC case on it myself.

Thanks,

Doug

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Doug,

What are the system specs of the UCS and the MCS server?

Have a look at this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/disaster_recovery/administration/guide/drsag601.html#wp155754

Rajamani

Talked to TAC and found out I was running into a known defect. I deployed an OVF to setup the machine and it did not declare the same amount of diskspace as the physical was running. The DB restore was failing because the database was not big enough.

I increased the diskspace and ran the install again and restored the data just fine.

Thanks for the input.