cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Time of Day Routing

atashcraft
Level 1
Level 1

I have a courtesy phone that I only want it to have the ability to make outbound calls from 8am to 5pm, all other times call will not complete. I have Unity and UCCX in my environment to assist if needed. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don’t need any additional systems for this. The built in time of day functionality in CM can achieve what you ask about.

First of you need to create the time schedule for when you want to allow the calls to be made. Then create a partition and name it something that explains its purpose, on the partition set the time schedule that you just created and the appropriate time zone. Now create a calling search space where you put this partition as the first, ie top of list of selected partitions, and then add any other partitions that you’d might need to grant calling rights to the device. For example to make internal calls or calls to emergency services. Make sure that you do not add any partitions that grants access to your normal call routing for external calls. To finish this off make a copy of any normal call routing configuration that you have for external calls in the location where you plan to deploy the device, and set the partition to the one you created in the very beginning. This configuration could be translation pattern(s) and route pattern(s), it all depends on how you have created your current external call routing configuration.

This should accomplish what you ask for.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

You don’t need any additional systems for this. The built in time of day functionality in CM can achieve what you ask about.

First of you need to create the time schedule for when you want to allow the calls to be made. Then create a partition and name it something that explains its purpose, on the partition set the time schedule that you just created and the appropriate time zone. Now create a calling search space where you put this partition as the first, ie top of list of selected partitions, and then add any other partitions that you’d might need to grant calling rights to the device. For example to make internal calls or calls to emergency services. Make sure that you do not add any partitions that grants access to your normal call routing for external calls. To finish this off make a copy of any normal call routing configuration that you have for external calls in the location where you plan to deploy the device, and set the partition to the one you created in the very beginning. This configuration could be translation pattern(s) and route pattern(s), it all depends on how you have created your current external call routing configuration.

This should accomplish what you ask for.

Response Signature