Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) '*' in Route Pattern

dipars1953om
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Can any of you please help me to understand what is the purpose of having the below configuration and what we can achieve by doing this?

In Route Pattern Configuration, under the Calling Party Transformation Section I see '*' has been given as Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls).  

Thanks in advance. 

5 Replies 5

it add the number mentioned  in prefix  in front of the called number.

Assume that i am calling an 325, but ISP  expect 001325.  if i use prefix 00 it change the called number to 001325

Refer below image.

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your response, but I want to know specifically the below:

In Route Pattern Configuration, under the Calling Party Transformation Section I see '*' has been given as Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls).  

You have given the response for Called Party Transformation not for Calling Party Transformation. 

Thanks. 

* will be add before the calling party.

Assume if your calling party number is 4321 when using RP with prefix * the calling number will be *4321.

Response Signature

Thanks for your response. Generally why do we want to add * in front of the calling number? Also this call reaches to CUBE and there is no incoming dial-peer configured on CUBE so assuming it will match with the default dial-peer and then it will match with the destination pattern of a outgoing dial-peer. So in this scenario why do I want to use * in front of any calling number. 

Note: saw this kind of configuration somewhere so was curious to ask this question. 

Thanks in advance.

I have used prefix  for a customer who has multiple offices and  both using same dial plans.

Branch one use *012XXX

Branch 2 use    *022XXX

When some one call from Branch one to two, we add *01 on calling prefix. So that users on branch 2 can redial, call from missed call.

When some one call from Branch one to two, we add *02  on calling prefix. So that users on branch 1 can redial, call from missed call.

The above requirement can be achieved in different ways, but i used prefix.

Response Signature