cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue / Call Handler Loop

ccrossman28
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to avoid using UCCX in creating a queue with dial prompt options.  What I have set up is kind of a "queue / call handler" loop.  I basically set up a queue in CM using a hunt pilot.  At a to-be-determined time, if the user is still in the queue, they will be directed to a call handler to either leave a voice mail or speak to the "operator."  If they don't choose an option, they will be cycled back into the queue.   

I have set up my Call handler using 8050.  The problem is when i test this and the queue reaches the time limit it goes right to voicemail (I have it set to dial that extension) instead of going to the call handler greeting.  But If i dial 8050 directly from my phone, I get the greeting from the call handler no problem.

Any ideas? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do try a Forwarded Call Routing Rule that sends the number of the hunt pilot to your call handler.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

If I understand correctly, you are having the "When the Maximum Wait Time is Met" setting on a CUCM Hunt Pilot go to Unity Connection to play the greeting of a Call Handler allowing users to leave a message, go to an operator, or go back to queue, right? I am also getting (correct me if I'm wrong) that you have set up a DN with 8050 with CFA to Voicemail and then set your Unity Connection Call Handler with that extension?

If that is the case, the reason calls to the pilot number are not hitting the call handler is because the original dialed number (the hunt pilot number) is being used by Unity Connection to direct the call. The 8050 number is a "Last Redirected Number". If you call 8050 directly, then it is the original dialed number and will get to the call handler when it rolls to voicemail.

You shouldn't need the DN step in all of this. Instead, set the max wait timer on the hunt pilot to the voicemail pilot number. Then in Unity Connection create a Forwarded Call Routing Rule to capture the hunt pilot number as it rolls to Unity Connection and configure the rule to go to the appropriate call handler.

Be aware that if the call flows out of the queue to Unity Connection and then back to the queue in CUCM, that the caller will now be at the end of the queue and will not resume their original queue spot.

This is the way it is set up.  

8049 is dialed which is the call handler.  At the end of the greeting, if nothing is pushed, it goes to another call handler that dials 8050 which is the hunt pilot with the queue. When Maximum time is met, i have it set to dial 8049 again. 

If I get this working, the whole process will start with another call handler that would be on our main number, if they select "2" (our help desk) they would be sent to the 8049 call handler and begin the loop if needed. 

We do know that they will be placed at the end of the queue again.  The queue wait time is going to be short probably about a minute. 

I should also add that any call handler dialed from the hunt pilot queue goes right to voicemail. 

Ah.... So depending on the exact call flow, I can see a couple of things happening. Let me see if I have the logical flow right:

UConn-Main-CallHandler (user presses 2) >> Play a greeting and wait in queue >> if queue times out send to Unity Connection to a Call Handler which asks caller to select message/operator/back-to-queue >> caller presses some number to go back to queue (or waits and is transferred back to queue automatically).

Do I have this right? If not, can you spell it out like that? For instance, do you envision an extra step in between the first two steps [UConn-Main-CallHandler (user presses 2) >> Play a greeting and wait in queue] where they hear another greeting/options before they are sent to greeting/queue?

(Interestingly, I had a student ask me a similar question just last week....)

Right. 

Call Handler - Press 1 to leave a voicemail - Press 2 to speak to an operator - or wait. At end of greeting, the user will be transferred to the queue line. 

If they hit the max time, I want them to go back to the handler to give them the option to leave the voicemail or talk to the operator and then, if they wait, back to the queue again.  

I have tried to troubleshoot a bunch of different ways.  The call handler works.  At the end of the greeting, they get transferred to the queue. But at the end of the queue I get that "Cisco unity connection voicemail" option like the extension doesn't exsist.  It also does this if I just dial the hunt pilot directly. 

Use unity connection rtmt to poll the ports and see what numbers you are seeing you will most likely need a forward or direct routing rule created in unity.

Do try a Forwarded Call Routing Rule that sends the number of the hunt pilot to your call handler.

Using rtmt on unity will show you what you need to edit. Very helpful tool.

That was it! I had a forwarding rule set up. But need to use the forwarding station for it to work. 

thanks for your help.