cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP UA Register No

Muhd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi upon checking we facing issues call failure & After further checking, notice our Voice Gateway not getting IP from the ISP.

Already restart both ISP Router and Voice Gateway but still same.

PRSO-VG#show ip interface brief
Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol
GigabitEthernet0/0/0 192.168.244.9 YES NVRAM up up
GigabitEthernet0/0/1 unassigned YES DHCP up up
GigabitEthernet0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down

Model : Cisco ISR 4300

Version : 17.03.04a.SPA.bin

Any one can assist me on this ?

TQ

8 Replies 8

I moved your post here as this is a more appropriate group. You haven't provided much information to help identify the problem. I assume you are trying to reach the ITSP via the internet. Can you do name resolution and ping destinations on the internet? That would be the place to start.

If you're not getting an IP assigned by your service provider by DHCP and this has worked before and you have made no changes on your end you'd need to contact the SP and ask what is the fault on their end. The community can do very little for you on this.

Response Signature

abdulhakam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, based on the TAC Support there is bug find the current firmware version for the ISR.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf03292

They ask me to perform upgrade to the recommended version to solve the issue.

TQ 

Okay, if you already know there is a defect affecting this then why do you not update as TAC suggested. What's the point of asking your question here in the first place if you already posses information that would resolve the issue you have?

Response Signature

Hi,

Support just update me on the case, while waiting their reply I just post here if someone can assist me on the problem / facing the same issue.

TQ

I would advice you to upgrade to the latest release in the 17.9 release train as that is the current recommended release that is in MD state.

image.png

Only if you really need functions that are in the ED release train I would recommend you to use that version. Very likely you won't need that, so the MD release train should provide you with the proven and tested version.

Response Signature

abdulhakam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, already update the firmware to recommended version, but seem the issue still not resolve. Any idea where i check next ? 

TQ

Sorry no. Your best bet is to continue to work with TAC and contact your service provider.

Response Signature