cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer oc calls with CID

mperbix
Level 1
Level 1

Are there ANY configurations in which a call transferring from Unity to somewhere else in the CCM system will kep the caller ID in tact?

-Mike

3 Replies 3

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Yes and no. The caller ID will always get "corrected" on the IP phone as soon as the call is fully transferred, so users should see the correct caller ID by the time they look to their phone to see who it is. However, Unity always does a consult transfer even when in "release to switch" mode, so the initial call will always appear to come from Unity.

This has caused us some problems with some CallManager to legacy PBX integrations where Unity is only integrated with the CallManager -- the initial caller-ID is Unity, and unless we're running QSIG or something, we can't send the update. If this is your problem, then there really isn't a solution with Unity. If your auto-attendant absolutely must support this functionality, then consider moving it into IPCC Express, which uses a simple redirect (blind transfer) function that 100% preserves caller ID.

Jason,

I have a Unity 4.0(4) with CCM 4.1 up and running. I also have the CCM 4.1 connected to a Definity PBX using QSIG with an MGCP gateway. The problem I'm having is that when Unity does a transfer to a phone connected to the Definity PBX it always display the Caller ID from one of the VM ports instead of the original caller ID. Even after the call is connected it doesn't appear the original caller id.

Any thoughts?

-JJ

You might try this question on the IP Telephony forum. Unity does not play a role in what call info is being shared between the phone systems. It is just acting as any other IP phone on CCM.

I suspect you'll want to start your investigation by looking at debugs from the gateway to see if the call transfer update is being sent with the correct connected party info after the transfer releases.

Regards,

Eric