cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation-profile incoming and dpg

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a Cisco CUBE in which I configured an incoming dial-peer with dpg pointing to an outgoing dial-peer. Also, in this incomming dp there is a translation profile for incoming calls. When I make the call, y see in the debugs that the correct incoming dp is matched and the translation rule is applied doing what I want, but the, when the invite is sent to the outgoing dial-peer the translation is not there any more. I heard that incoming translations are not compatible with dpg. So, isn't there any alternative if I want to keep dpg? Should I use another routing technique if I want an incoming translation?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Would you be able to use a SIP Profile applied to the inbound trunk to do the digit manipulation, and then match inbound on the modified digits?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Would you be able to use a SIP Profile applied to the inbound trunk to do the digit manipulation, and then match inbound on the modified digits?

Thanks Maren, I'm going to try this.

If possible inbound dial peer match is best made with information in the VIA header instead of called or calling number.

Response Signature

That worked!

Thank you, Maren.

Can you not do the translation on the outbound dial peer in the outbound direction?

Response Signature

Yes, I can, but it would apply to other calls that can go through this outgoing dp that I don't want to manipulate, or need a different manipulation and would be difficult to discriminate.

I see. Then I think that @Maren Mahoney suggestion would be the way to go. Create a SIP profile to do the number transformation you’d want and apply it in the inbound direction on the dial peer. Please note that the processing of an inbound SIP profile takes place before the call routing process.

Response Signature