cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM Phone Cleanup of Abandoned Phones

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I am going through a manual cleanup of one of our UCM clusters.  There are roughly 17k phones and are LDAP integrated.  I am looking for a way to potentially automate a solution to when a user leaves the company and the LDAP sync removes them from UCM to "see" the disassociation of the phone and either auto delete the phone from the system or send an API...depending on my options.  I don't think the APIs will help as I would have to run a daily report to see if any phones were disassociated.  Any guidance or assistance is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

You will be able to do that using AXL api.

For clean ups I use the below applications and its a free tool.

https://www.uplinx.com/cleanuptool/

Response Signature

Thanks for that Nithin.  Looking at this tool it doesn't give me what I am looking for, unless I missed it.  I need to see when a user is disassociated from the phone itself.  

For that you must develop your own application which sync with AD and cucm.

PRIME provisioning has that option. But it’s EOL. 
check with Kurmi software they provide provisioning tool which is the replacement of PCP

Response Signature

Akkadian and Unimax are two other options when evaluating PCP alternatives in addition to Kurmi. Full disclosure: I sell Akkadian.

Another option is Ziro Provisioning for Cisco, ZPC in short, from Ziro. It was named SMACS previously and the company was named Stack8. They quite recently changed their name. We have this deployed and it’s been a complete success story with our service desk and on-site support team being able to quickly cater to our end users needs. It has a very feature rich set of APIs, that are much simpler and easier to consume than AXL and it does have a built in off and onboarding functionality.

Response Signature