cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add SFTP server on CDR (CUCM)

Yasir@1995
Level 1
Level 1

While adding SFTP server details in CDR Management portal, It is showing the below error.

"connection error- please check the sftp/ftp parameters.  "

Troubleshooting done: 

Checked the connectivity,

restarted appropriate services, cross verified the system and service parameters.

configured SFTP on different machines, but still getting the same error, backup is working fine with the same sftp server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check what protocol is used. It can be SFTP or ftp. Select the protocol accordingly.

A quick check you do is use a winscp or any other ftp client application to  connect to your SFTP server and see it works. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

has the user, that you specify in CUCM, the correct rights, to connect to the sFTP?

Have you tried, connecting to the sFTP with a sFTP client with the credentials, you are using in CUCM?

Do you see any connection attempts on the sFTP server / in the logs of the sFTP server?

The logged-in user is an administrator, and he is having all the rights. Can you specify what kind of rights is required to access sftp server?

I am using Mini sftp as an sftp server, and i am not seeing any connection attempts on the server. 

but without these logs backup is working fine

Are you using the same user for the CDR, as you do for the backup?

Is the path different to the backup?

AFAIK, in Mini sftp, you only can use 1 user and only specifiy the root path of that user.

So, if you use a different user or the path the you enter in the CDR settings is not in the directory path of the mini sftp, it won't work

Check what protocol is used. It can be SFTP or ftp. Select the protocol accordingly.

A quick check you do is use a winscp or any other ftp client application to  connect to your SFTP server and see it works. 

Response Signature

I have tried with both FTP and SFTP protocols.

We have two windows servers configured with Mini sftp servers, In one server cucm backup is working fine with mini sftp server, 

The same way configured the mini sftp server on the other server and when I am trying to add that sftp server as cdr, I am getting the error as shown in the description.

Make sure that you can access the SFTP server with a regular client application, with the same credentials as used in CM. For example with WinSCP or Filezilla. If that works you'd know that the issue is not with the server or the credentials, but if it does not work you'd need to start in that end to solve whatever issue there might be.

Response Signature

As you suggested I will be checking with sftp client and will update.  

Use winscp to connect with the SFTP/FTP server  you setup. if its not working, then you need to check your SFTP/FTP application configuration.

Response Signature

If you want specifics of the error, you have to download the logs. If you are using SSH on any kind of *nix box or Cygwin on windows, you need to add these options to the sshd_config file to make it work with DRS.

KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1

Ciphers +aes128-cbc
Ciphers +3des-cbc