Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - COBRAS Hot Hode

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is COBRAS Still supported/working?

Looking to do a migration from 12.5 to 15 and would like to use hot mode if it is still possible.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK it’s still supported. It’s working anyway as we recently used it for a consolidation project to move from three regional CUCs to one centralised. Albeit it was within the same version, so not sure on your big jump in versions. Isn’t there an option to do a data import with a fresh install with CUC? It exists for other systems, like CM and IMP at least. That might be an option if Cobras doesn’t work for you.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

I've used the existing COBRAS tool on v14 and it worked just fine. Other than OS, I don't think there are significant changes to v15 of CUC so it is likely COBRAS will work with that too. Do you have a lab in which you can test?

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AFAIK it’s still supported. It’s working anyway as we recently used it for a consolidation project to move from three regional CUCs to one centralised. Albeit it was within the same version, so not sure on your big jump in versions. Isn’t there an option to do a data import with a fresh install with CUC? It exists for other systems, like CM and IMP at least. That might be an option if Cobras doesn’t work for you.

Response Signature

I've used the existing COBRAS tool on v14 and it worked just fine. Other than OS, I don't think there are significant changes to v15 of CUC so it is likely COBRAS will work with that too. Do you have a lab in which you can test?

Maren

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

i am trying to "start fresh" as there are a number of issues in the current unity connection implementation., so an export/import is not ideal.

@Maren Mahoney i am planning to lab it but wanted to make sure it was still viable to use COBRAS before i set that up. Sounds like it is worthwhile. Thank you both @Maren Mahoney @Roger Kallberg  for your responses

mserwon
Level 1
Level 1

After you test COBRAS with CXN 15 could you let us know the result?