cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Find Me Follow Me

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

Our Cisco folks keep saying that Unity Connection has built in Find Me Follow Me as in Personal Assistant. However, I can't find a reference to it in the documentation for Unity Connection. What are they referring to?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They're referring to "Personal Call Transfer Rules", which can ba managed by the users via the ciscopca web access. Check out this user giude for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008055f973.html

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Are the personal call transfer rules very similar to find me follow me enough to be actually called that?

Hi Patrick,

Like Chris noted, the feature set in the two products is very similar as far as the "end user" result goes. They are not exact but probably close enough for Cisco to refer to them in this manner :)

Have a look at these two clips;

Cisco Personal Assistant 1.4(5)

Cisco Personal Assistant allows individual users to consolidate how and where they want to receive calls. Using a Web interface to create rules, users forward and screen calls based on caller identification, time of day, and meeting schedules. Users can also instruct Cisco Personal Assistant to forward selected calls to a series of phone numbers. Cisco Personal Assistant processes the user-configured rules and dispatches calls accordingly.

For example, a user can configure a rule to forward an important sales call that is expected between 10 and 11 a.m. to go directly to their mobile phone, while simultaneously sending calls from colleagues to voice mail and a pager. Simply establishing rule parameters helps users improve productivity and concentrate on tasks that require immediate attention.

With "Follow Me," a special rule set that uses speech recognition, users can forward all calls to a phone number immediately. In addition, users can also activate sets of pre-created rules from any phone.

From this PCA doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2026/products_data_sheet0900aecd801c39dd.html

Managing Personal Call Transfer Rules to Handle Incoming Calls

Cisco Unity Connection can transfer and screen your incoming calls according to rules you set up. Connection uses a personal call transfer rule to transfer particular calls to you according to caller identity, time of day, and your meeting schedule, or to other transfer calls to voice mail or to another phone number. You can set rules to transfer calls to a phone number, a series of phone numbers, or an e-mail-based paging address, or to send SMS messages to an SMS device. Additionally, you can set up rules to screen some or all of your incoming calls.

You can build very simple personal call transfer rules for example, to transfer a call from a single phone number to voice mail or create more complex rules.

From this Untiy Connection doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008055f973.html

Hope this helps!

Rob