M Rinaldy Aulia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need your advice, I have a project to upgrade CUCM 10.5 to 11.X

I already have the image from Cisco Product Upgrade Tool

image.png

Filename : UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13902-2.sgn.iso

But the issue when I try to upgrade it, it said "No valid upgrade options were found"

image.png

Troubleshoot steps already taken :

1. Make sure the FTP / SFTP works

2. Make sure which CUCM version I had (Unrestricted or Restricted), I already try both version

3. rename file from UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13902-2.sgn.iso to UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13902-2.sgn

Need your advice for my issue,

Thanks

Rinaldy

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You have to select the path SFTP.

Check from CLI method,
SSH to CUCM and login with OS username and password.
Run Below command
Utils system upgrade initiate
and fill the details

If this works fine mark my post..

View solution in original post

The two fatal errors you get is something that you should look into. It’s not normal to get that. What software do you use for the SFTP/FTP server? The rename of the file to remove .iso, why did you do this? The upgrade file has to end with .iso, otherwise it will not be used by the system.

Can you share show status and show version active?

Response Signature

I think if you look through the upgrade log file it will show what it found in the specified directory.  That will tell you whether there's something wrong with the SFTP settings, or whether it has found but doesn't like the upgrade.  Sometimes, depending on your SFTP server you have to put the path in some special form like "./" rather than just "/".

Test with command line SFTP client if you have one.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

You have to select the path SFTP.

Check from CLI method,
SSH to CUCM and login with OS username and password.
Run Below command
Utils system upgrade initiate
and fill the details

If this works fine mark my post..

Hi,

Thank you, I already try on CLI but it's still said "no valid options"

image.png

I've double check and make sure my SFTP was working

image.png

Any advice?

The two fatal errors you get is something that you should look into. It’s not normal to get that. What software do you use for the SFTP/FTP server? The rename of the file to remove .iso, why did you do this? The upgrade file has to end with .iso, otherwise it will not be used by the system.

Can you share show status and show version active?

Response Signature

I think if you look through the upgrade log file it will show what it found in the specified directory.  That will tell you whether there's something wrong with the SFTP settings, or whether it has found but doesn't like the upgrade.  Sometimes, depending on your SFTP server you have to put the path in some special form like "./" rather than just "/".

Test with command line SFTP client if you have one.

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Somehow it's work when I move the file to another directory with only contains that file.

Best Regards,

Rinaldy

Hi All,

Me too faced same issue since file corrupted, got resolved by using new file.

Thanks and Regards

Sajid Pasha Muhammad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: