Views
Helpful
Replies

User Cannot Access Voicemal on Cisco 7960

talbott21
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

We have a user who has a problem with their phone.  The message indicator light is indicating there is a message waiting however when the user goes to check the message she does not get prompted to press 1 to pick up the new message.  We have called and left a message on the phone to guarantee that there is actually a message waiting .

Any help would be much appreciated.

Talbot

4 Replies 4

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry to ask but first question is which voice mail product are you using? Unity, Unity Connection or Unity Express?

Just to clarify the problem the phone has MWI and you have left a message but when the user dials in they are never prompted there are new messages, is this correct?

Craig

Thanks for getting back to me. We are using the regular version of Cisco. Yes the phone does have MWI, and when the user hits the messages button , types in their password, it states that there are no messages in the inbox, even though the message indicator is flashing. This is a result of us calling into the phone and leaving a message to test.

Upon further troubleshooting it seems that one of our technicians had deleted the user's voicemail box to rectify another problem. They then recreated the voicemail box , this cleared up the original problem but caused the problem stated above.

Upon logging on to the Unity Exchange server and navigating to  Microsoft Exchange->Systems Manager and then locating the mailboxes folder, we noticed that the user in question has 3 mailboxes(please see attachment). One mailbox has red x on it the others do not , could it be possible that the voicemail account is linked to this mailbox?

Talbot

Hello,

In Exchange System Manager if you see an account marked with a Red X them means that the account is marked for Deletion. When you delete an AD account you are also told that the Exchange account will be marked for deletion.

In your case you could right click the account that has the red x and you should have an option to purge. That would seem to be fine as the mailbox is reporting 0 items in the mailbox.

I have seen issue in the past when two mailboxes exist with similar names and one needs to be purged.

So I would go ahead and purge the mailbox and then see what happens.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I purged that mail box and that cleared up the issue. The user is now able to collect their mail.

Talbot