cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Throttled down.

VicWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I am running cucm 11. I have an expressway core and edge. 

The issue that I am having is, When calling another business that we have a neighborhood agreement with. I cant receive or send any video. When I open the codec and take a look at the call. I can see that for video, Im only send 64 kbps. Thats just not enough for video. Ive check my regions and for voice im set for 64 kbps and 3072 for video. the network team has confirmed that it is not the network. Its got to be something in cucm. 

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

And? If you think it's the CUCM, have you checked the logs? And if not, why not?

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are also bandwidth controls on Expressway. Check the links/pipes as well as Configuration > Bandwidth > Configuration.

VicWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the weird part. if I use an 8865 phone with the camera on it. I can call and get voice and video both ways. So I decided to put my dx80 in the partition for phones. Made a call and i still do not get video. I thought i was onto something. 

VicWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I spoke with someone earlier and they said that it sounds like some kind of payload codec mismatch. I do not even know where to go for that. 

Does it look like the camera tries to come on, but there is no video? If that is the case then it could be because of RTP payload types that don't match. What would be more telling would be the detailed log files where you can see all the details of the INVITE messages back and forth. RTMT logs, and perhaps some detailed logs from the Expressway should give you an idea of where to go next.

As I mentioned in the DM, this link should get you started investigating differences in payload types.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video-infrastructure/rtp-payload-type-for-video-high-definition/td-p/2988031 

This one sticks in my head because of troubleshooting scenario I had in the lab with 9971's that by default use a payload type for video that CUBE normally assigns to a different type of traffic.

Here is another community article that talks about the exact scenario I was describing with 9971 phones.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video-infrastructure/cts-video-through-cube-to-9971-doesn-t-work-well/td-p/1953863