Helpful
Replies

Working with Unity Connection Call handlers

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1
Cisco Unity Connection Administration
Version 11.5.1.15900-18

This is a re-post in a new thread. I now have additional information to building call trees with call handlers - I am working with the current Unity connection version, I have letssay an HR department with 6 members whom take calls top down and have a VM to go to when no one is there (After hours and holidays) Do we have a doc that have the step by step on building these call tree's on unity ? Also I need to create an owner for a system call handler and wanted to know how to assign a user or group of users to a specefic handler. this system is LDAP and when I pull a user as owner I see their own extension.
I do not want to change it for the call handler extension. or is this what I need to do ?
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @byronmcneil That is not possible. A Call handler cannot have the same extension as the voice mailbox. Unlike CUCM, an extension cannot be shared in Unity Connection. To answer your other question regarding managing greetings. You can use TUI to manage the greetings for call handlers. I have always used GUI, and have given GUI access to others with limited privileges. But you can try the below steps.

Step 1 On the phone, dial the phone number for access to the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator.

Step 2 At the prompt, enter the ID of the call handler owner, and press #.

Step 3 At the prompt, enter the password of the call handler owner, and press #.

Step 4 At the prompt, enter the extension of the call handler, and press #.

Step 5 If the call handler you selected in Step 4 is configured to inherit the caller language and there is more than one language installed on your Connection system, at the prompt, press the number of the language in which to edit greetings for the call handler. (Connection will play the Greetings menu options in the same language.)

Step 6 Follow the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator conversation to toggle between the alternate and standard call handler greetings, or to record the call handler greeting.

Reference : https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/administration/guide/acm210.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you

One more question , I am looking to have the department manage the greetings is there a way they can without administrator intervention ?

Can The call handler also have the same extention for the voice mailbox ? non LDAP

Hi @byronmcneil That is not possible. A Call handler cannot have the same extension as the voice mailbox. Unlike CUCM, an extension cannot be shared in Unity Connection. To answer your other question regarding managing greetings. You can use TUI to manage the greetings for call handlers. I have always used GUI, and have given GUI access to others with limited privileges. But you can try the below steps.

Step 1 On the phone, dial the phone number for access to the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator.

Step 2 At the prompt, enter the ID of the call handler owner, and press #.

Step 3 At the prompt, enter the password of the call handler owner, and press #.

Step 4 At the prompt, enter the extension of the call handler, and press #.

Step 5 If the call handler you selected in Step 4 is configured to inherit the caller language and there is more than one language installed on your Connection system, at the prompt, press the number of the language in which to edit greetings for the call handler. (Connection will play the Greetings menu options in the same language.)

Step 6 Follow the Cisco Unity Greetings Administrator conversation to toggle between the alternate and standard call handler greetings, or to record the call handler greeting.

Reference : https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/administration/guide/acm210.html

Look into Greeting Administrator for this. It’s a TUI interface that allows the owners of call handlers to call into CUC and manage the greetings.

Response Signature