Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call not initiated from CIPC soft phone

Hi there,

I have configured the Cisco IP phone (v 8.6.6.0) with CUCM (Call Manager) and it is registered successfully, I have defined a Directory Number as 42161, which is already an extension of an agent. Now when I try to make call from another extension to CIPC, the call landed at softphone but when I tried to make call from CIPC to that extension call is not initiating, after press the Dial button call not ringing and no error appearing.

Kindly advise, is there any configurations i need to check in phone or at call manager? 

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

4 Replies 4

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5
Do you have css?

Hello Collin,

Thanks for your feedback, no we didn't configure the CSS, kindly advise do we need to configure the Partition as well along with the CSS?

Thanks if you can also share some relevant guide/document.

Regards,

Muhammad Arslan

You should assign Calling search space on CIPC if your extension are  in partition. Select the calling search space which has access to  the partition you trying.

Response Signature

If I am thinking right, when you choose an existing directory number and the corresponding partition (same as the existing phone), the system should replicate the CSS to the line. 

If you are new to the Call manager, cross verify the configuration of working CIPC with this one. 

Please refer the following document to know more about Partition, CSS and phone configuration . Configure Partition and Calling Search Space 

Regards,