cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed outbound call to external number

fishizza1
Level 1
Level 1

Receive the "call can not be completed as dialed..." message when dialing a particular number.  The number is in the range 916-859-xxxx.  We are able to successfully call other numbers in the 916 area code so I don't believe it's any kind of route pattern issue.  Using the Cisco real time monitoring tool I see the call being attempted with a 100 Trying and then a 404 Not found.  We are able to successfully call the number from a cell phone so we know it is a valid number.  Any ideas on how further to troubleshoot this?

We are running CUCM 12.x

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Debug your GW/CUBE, if you see messages there, analyze them and see what happens, if you don't see anything, most likely the call is not even leaving CUCM and you would need to review your configuration, or look at traces.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So I ran a debug from the CUBE.  Not entirely sure how to interpret it.  I'll post what I believe is the pertinent part of the debug but let me know if that should go to a different forum.CUBE Debug logs.JPG

It looks like you are passing leading 1 and / or 91 to service provider which they are not expecting.  Can you please share your outbound dial peer and any translation profile that is being used.

You can run show call history voice brief to get more details about the call, specially dial peer.

Here is the info I believe you are referring toCube voice brief.JPGcube voice translation.JPGCube dial peers.JPG

First call in gateway output is going via dial peer 21, which has destination pattern as 9T.

Can you please let me know the dial pattern used by your users, is it 9+916859xxxx or 91+916859xxxx  ?

We have tried it every which way with the same result.  As mentioned we have no problem dialing other 916 area codes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: