Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TRUNK CUCM To 3rd Party SOPTPHONE

Austin3:16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

I dont have a VGW but i want to create a sip trunk to 3rd party softphone (pc) to test incoming call. 

Please help

7 Replies 7

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

how will you create a sip trunk from a softohone to cucm? You can creata a sip trunk to a third party sip server such as Elastic.which sip server controls the sip phone?

Hello my softphone in my windows pc

To elaborate on what the others have said... it sounds like you need to add and register your softphone with CUCM as a Third-party SIP Device. Usually this would involve creating a new Third-party SIP Device under Device/Phone, associating it with an End User, possibly creating a Phone Security Profile for Digest Authentication, etc etc.

Usually a Google search of the name of the softphone and how to integrate it with CUCM will yield some instructions on how to proceed. 

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi, what you mean with "my softphone in my windows pc"?

As @collinks2 stated, you need to register your softphone to any telephony system, before you can make a call with it. You cannot just install the softphone application and start calling. The same like a Cisco Phone needs to register to CUCM first, before it can do anything.

Furthermore, you cannot configure a SIP trunk between CUCM and any softphones. SIP trunks are for connections to other telephony systems.

3rd party Softphone <--> 3rd Party Telephony Server <== SIP trunk ==> CUCM <--> Cisco Phone

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can add 3rd party phone on cucm as 

Device Name: Third Party SIP Phone

Protocol: SIP

then create end user and associated the device with end user.

Check the below link for you reference.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-register-third-party-sip-phones-with-communications/ta-p/3130315

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Sadav Ansari

thanks 

If you dont have a gateway, where do you terminate the PSTN lines ?  Are you trying to land the call directly on a Softphone making a trunk from ISP ONTE/PRI Modem ? If that the case, you cant do that.

Response Signature