Views
Helpful
Replies

User with two sperate voicemail box

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everyone,

i have a wired question, i try to find that in Cisco decontamination and not found anything about that.

i have a user with two physical phone with two different extension.

phone A - 4000

phone B - 5000

i want to configure for that user two separate voicemail box, one for extension 4000 and one for extension 5000.

there is any way to do that without configure another user for that ?

alternate extension and MWI in Cisco unity user page not helping me in this case.

6 Replies 6

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

Alternate Extension/MWI would only be useful if you want the user to have multiple numbers share one mailbox. If you want the user to have a mailbox for each DN you need to build a user for each mailbox.

Hey Mardell,

that what i thought, i just asking to be sure that there in not other way to configure that without using another license of voicemail box.

thank you for you answer.

AFAIK no other way.

Response Signature

No worries. As far as I know that would be the only way.

If you want them fully separate, you need 2 user accounts. If you just want different greetings with 1 mailbox, you could make the second extension a call handler which would have a unique greeting. You would set the message recipient of the call handler to the user account.

If the desired outcome is that the user have two different greetings for the two different mailboxes, you could configure one extension as the user's mailbox and have the other extension hit a call handler configured with the user's voice. The call handler would be configured to take a message after the greeting and have the voicemails themselves go to the user's primary extension mailbox. That would result in a single mailbox for the user's two extensions. If the idea is to have two separate and completely independent voicemail boxes for the user, that requires two user accounts.

Maren