cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B200 M5 not mapping devices

Redmond217
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning! I am fairly new to Cisco UCS, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated. I have some B200 M5 blades here where I am trying to map the diagnostics image in order to test the blades for a customer.  After successfully mapping the image, all of the blades do not see the image when the server reboots and I press F6.  Any idea why this is?  Do I need to change the boot order policy? If so, can someone provide a walk through on how to do that.  Again, any information is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post what your boot order looks like? Typically you will need to add CD/DVD if you want to boot an ISO.

See below.

pic2.jpgpic1.jpg

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.37.20 PM.png

Choose 'Local Devices' > Add 'CD/DVD'

When the server boots, press F6 and choose "Cisco KVM Mapped CD/DVD"

I do do that, but the mapped device does not appear.  See pics below.  This only happens with all the B200 M5 blades.  If I put an M4 in the chassis, I can map the diagnostics and run it with no problem. 

pic3.jpgpic4.jpg

Your screen capture boot order has "CIMC mounted CD/DVD"

Can you test with just "CD/DVD"?

I've changed it to the below, and still can not test. 

pic5.jpg

Try “Remote CD/DVD” instead.

Open the KVM, Mount the ISO via virtual media DVD, power on the server/profile, and it should boot straight to the mounted ISO.

I just used the above to install ESXi on my M4s without hassle, and no need to press F6 during POST.

My boot order is remote CD/DCD 1 then SD card 2.

NB - If you haven’t mounted virtual media and mapped an ISO “remote CD/DVD” won’t do anything boot wise

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card