cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Binding to Service Profile Template is failing (MAC address related)

mathew.goddard
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to bind a service profile to a new service profile template, but I'm receiving the following error: "not enough resources overall...cannot derive MAC address from virtualized port".

The template uses a LAN Connectivity Policy that defines the vNIC templates to be used. Each of those vNIC templates is pointing to the same MAC pool. Checking the pool shows that only 156 of 255 addresses are assigned. So this doesn't seem to be an issue of not enough remaining MAC addresses.

Any idea what I need to do to resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you double check your vNIC and just make sure each of them references a MAC pool? Sometimes they are missed. This is the only time you usually see this error. Have also seen where you remove LAN connectivity policy from the service profile before you bind it, could allow it to associate properly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you double check your vNIC and just make sure each of them references a MAC pool? Sometimes they are missed. This is the only time you usually see this error. Have also seen where you remove LAN connectivity policy from the service profile before you bind it, could allow it to associate properly.

@Wes Austin wrote:

Can you double check your vNIC and just make sure each of them references a MAC pool? Sometimes they are missed.

Well, this is embarrassing: that was the exact problem! I thought I'd checked each of the vNIC templates for this but it turns out that I missed one and that one indeed was not pointing to a MAC pool.

Problem solved. Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card