Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot derive wwpn from virtualized port

riedling11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm setting up a new UCS service profile, and I'm getting the error above.  I've created WWPN pools, using the default prefix (one for FI-A, one for FI-B) and assigned them to the vHBA templates accordingly.  thoughts?

9 Replies 9

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For any VIC adaptor, where you might create multiple (>1) vhba's, it is not possible to derive this pwwn values from the embedded hardware pwwn !

You have to create pwwn pools for Fabric A and B.

see e.g. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12259771/wwnn-and-wwpn-pools

I have:

This looks ok to me; can you please post a screenshot of the error message, and specify which operation created it ?

I assume you also have created a UUID, nwwn and MAC pool ?

UUID yes

MAC yes

Unsure of nwwn.  If you mean WWNN, it is in the screen shot above.

Ther error im getting is on the initial service profile i created.

Configuration error: cannot derive wwpn from virtualized port

When i expand the Vhba's within the service profile, its showing derived, yet on the vhba templates, i have the pool selected.

thanks for trying to help, i do appreciate it :)

Yes I mean of course WWNN; in the above screenshot, you only see WWPN !

I found it.. it appears that the setting within the service profile for the vHBA's was set to derived.  Once I set it to the pools there, it finally clered the error.  Thanks so very much for the help :)

OK, perfect !

In the service profile creation, you could of course use the vhba template above, which was correct; however, you bypassed this.

Please rate this discussion.

Thanks

Walter.

thanks that fixed my issue

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card