cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC GUI not working

wynneitmgr
Level 3
Level 3

I have two Cisco UCS C220 M5 Rack Servers. When they reboot, it shows the CIMC IP address as 10.0.2.10 and 10.0.2.11. However, when I try to go to those IPs in a web browser, nothing is displayed. When I scan my network for IP addresses, it shows the two servers at the correct IP addresses. Any ideas why CIMC gui would not work? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

18 Replies 18

Hi, 

Port 5 from the picture Nithin previously provided, then yes. That goes into your switchport and you configure the switchport as mode access and into the appropriate VLAN. This is done after setting your port to Dedicated within the CIMC properties. 

@Scott Leport 

@Gregory Brunn 

@Nithin Eluvathingal 

Do I still need to set both the LOM ports on the Switch to Trunk? When I plug in the Management Port to the Switch, the Switch port needs to be Access for VLAN 2, correct?

Do I still need to set both the LOM ports on the Switch to Trunk? - It depends on your ESXi configuration. Are you doing any NIC teaming at all? 
When I plug in the Management Port to the Switch, the Switch port needs to be Access for VLAN 2, correct? - If the IP address you access CIMC belongs in VLAN 2 then yes. 

I know this is an old post but anyone else that can't get the M5 CIMC GUI to load, make sure you're using HTTPS in the URL. Previous C220 models didn't require this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card